CSU Photography is a cost-recovery unit within the Department of Communications and Creative Services. Our goal is to provide Colorado State University with high quality images at a reasonable and affordable price. We strive to work with every client to meet project needs within the client’s budget. We strongly encourage you to contact us with your specific project goals so we can tailor the assignment to your budget.
CSU Photography Online Stock Images
All photos are the property of CSU Photography in the Division of University Communications at Colorado State University, and copyrighted as such. Photographs may only be used to promote Colorado State University programs and activities. Without specific permission, photos may not be used or altered to depict the subject of a photo in a negative light or subject person(s) to ridicule, or be used to illustrate topics of sexual issues, substance abuse, physical or mental abuse, alcohol, drugs, tobacco, AIDS, cancer, or serious physical or mental ailments, or the disparagement of a person or product.
Commissioned Photography Pricing and Stock Photography Use Fees
- Photography commissioned for a client’s department, college or division is provided to that client for their continued use. No use fees will be assessed when that department, college, or division reuses commissioned photography. Hourly rates for commissioned photography includes time spent on photography labor and postproduction. Due to the nature that only a percentage of actual photography production costs are recovered, resulting photographs will be made available as stock photography to the CSU community.
- Photography use fees will be assessed for the use of photographs not commissioned by your department, college or division. Please note that in some cases photographs depicting your department’s activities, professors, students and research may be included in some photographs, it cannot be assumed that your department, college or division commissioned the photography and as such use fees will apply.
Stock Photography Pricing Guide
- $70 – Print and Digital Publication Use
- Licensing a photograph for print and digital publication use will allow for a single image to be used in a high-resolution print publication and for digital use when used on the same project, ad campaign, or marketing promotion.
- Multiple uses of the same photograph within the same project, ad campaign, or marketing promotion both in high-resolution and digital form is permitted.
- The use of the photograph for a different or alternative project will require an additional fee.
- $12 – Digital Use
- Licensing a photograph for digital publication will allow for a single image to be used for digital use (websites, social, digital signs, PowerPoints, Video etc.) only.
- Multiple digital uses of the same photograph within the same project, ad campaign, or marketing promotion is permitted.
- The use of the photograph for a different or alternative digital project will require an additional fee.
To commission a photography assignment or license a photographic stock image Contact CSU Photography or your college or division coordinator.